[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg issue

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 11 20:05:59 CET 2011

Am 11.12.2011 13:38, schrieb dE .:
> Static bits (you mean static libraries, like the *.a files)? -devel packages contain headers. If a program using
> these headers is build as static, the headers will be copied to the binary, but it may also include prebuild static
> libraries.
>
> Maybe you can grab the corresponding .a files from somewhere...

maybe you have no idea about what you are speaking
and giving here advices to get a crappy and unmaintainable os over the long

in this times you setup one virtual machine with the whole development-stuff
install there all devel-packages and build rpm/deb files mathcing to your os

this is a work you do only ONCE a lifetime
my buildmachine is from 2008, was installed with F9 and is currently on F15
and building packages for all my workstations, test-vms and 20 production-servers
like a charme - so you can spent one time the work to make things right or play
around the rest of your life and god beware you have to downgrade things or solve
problems if you have worked long enough without using your package-managment