[FFmpeg-user] OSX lion, trying to compile from git fails

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:11:10 CET 2011

On Dec 11, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Boštjan Strojan wrote:

> hi,
>
> having some trouble compiling ffmpeg from git on OSX lion, here is the
> full paste:
> http://pastebin.com/BLLCY7kE
>
> any ideas on what to try ? (i'am really not an expert in this, but the
> same procedure pretty much worked out fine on snow leopard)

Lion (OS X 10.7) apparently requires a different compiler for ffmpeg.
You need to add this to your configure options: --cc-clang
Also, depending on your processor, you may want --arch=x86_64
instead of --arch=x86

The rest of this is not mac-specific, and I know most here understand
this stuff better than I do and will hopefully correct me if I am wrong:

--enable-nonfree: you don't need or want this since you are not using libfaac
--enable-runtime-cpudetect: this is probably mostly if you are building a
portable binary.  If it's just for your machine, things may be faster if you
remove this.
--enable-avfilter: This option is not in config --help, and I believe it is on
by default.
--enable-filters: Ditto.

Jim