[FFmpeg-user] Timecode in DV muxer

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Thu Dec 15 18:35:43 CET 2011

Clément Bœsch wrote:
>> I don't like just firing off feature requests because I want
>> something, but it would be nice, so I will consider it..
>
> Well, I'm sure this feature will benefit a lot of people, but as you wish
> ;)

If I understood Tim's request correctly, he was trying to *add* timecode
to the DV, and only using ffprobe to check if it succeeded, I think that
video-archives would be quite interested in having ffprobe outputting
DV-timecode (and other DV metadata, such as error-concealment, for example).

So, "yes" I agree with Clément that others would benefit from it, too ;)

Pb