[FFmpeg-user] Timecode in DV muxer

Dave Rice daverice at mac.com
Thu Dec 15 18:42:22 CET 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Peter B. wrote:

> Clément Bœsch wrote:
>>> I don't like just firing off feature requests because I want
>>> something, but it would be nice, so I will consider it..
>>
>> Well, I'm sure this feature will benefit a lot of people, but as you wish
>> ;)
>>
> If I understood Tim's request correctly, he was trying to *add* timecode
> to the DV, and only using ffprobe to check if it succeeded, I think that
> video-archives would be quite interested in having ffprobe outputting
> DV-timecode

ffmpeg and ffmbc don't display timecode from the subcode area of an input DV file. This was added to mediainfo a few years ago though, but it would be great to see in ffmpeg.

afaik, the only tool to parse dv error concealment data is dvanalyzer, http://mediaarea.net/en/AVPS_DV_Analyzer/Download/. If I had to start that development project from the beginning again I would have probably tried to make a version of it as a patch to libavfilter

> So, "yes" I agree with Clément that others would benefit from it, too ;)

+1
dave rice