[FFmpeg-user] muxing into mxf im50

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Dec 22 12:10:00 CET 2011

> On 21/12/11 13:48, Clément Bœsch wrote:
>> Not sure. A workaround may be available as soon as the "amerge" audio
>> filter is upstream. One developer is working on it but I can't estimate
>> his motivation, his time and the amount of work needed from his side. You
>> can follow the developer mailing list and eventually grab more
>> information.

It has greatly progressed last Thursday. At this time, I need to figure out
why it mangles the audio in 32-bits while it works perfectly in 16-bits.
Then I will have to stress-test it, clean up and write the doc. This is
currently my highest-priority task on the ffmpeg queue.

Le primidi 1er nivôse, an CCXX, Tim Nicholson a écrit :
> Using a filter for simple remapping feels OTT imho.

I see the it the other way around: filters should be the default way to do
anything, as they have a generic interface and can be ordered with regard to
each other.

(A non-audio example for the part on the ordering: depending on how you
state your arithmetic and what you want to do exactly, you may want to scale
and then crop or on the contrary crop and then scale: scaling and cropping
need to be filters you can organize as you need.)

OTOH, the filtering system has currently a limitation that makes it slightly
awkward to use it for mapping: filters can have only have a fixed number of
inputs and outputs, which means that if you need to merge three streams, you
have to use two merge filters.

I wonder if that limitation could be lifted.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George