[FFmpeg-user] (RUN_AVX_INSTR:6) cannot reference symbol `sizeofm9' in preprocessor

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Dec 23 03:12:39 CET 2011

I'm building ffmpeg 0.9 for ARM cortex-a8 NEON using the Android NDKr7 (gcc 4.4.3) and I'm getting this bizarre error that I is stumping me:

libswscale/x86/scale.asm:660: error: (RUN_AVX_INSTR:6) cannot reference symbol `sizeofm9' in preprocessor

First, its building something for x86. Second 'sizeofm9' doesn't seem to exist anywhere.

here's the complete build log: https://build.safermobile.org/job/android-ffmpeg/7/console

Here's how I am configuring:
https://github.com/guardianproject/android-ffmpeg/blob/master/configure_ffmpeg.sh

I can make it go away by doing '--disable-yasm'.

.hc