[FFmpeg-user] Readability of your ffmpeg-user replies

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Fri Dec 23 15:53:31 CET 2011

On 12/22/2011 06:07 PM, dE . wrote:
> On 12/22/11 01:21, Lou wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is what Carl was trying to describe about your replies to
>> ffmpeg-user:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/itEMGbuD
>>
>> Your replies do not have a space between the quoted message you are
>> replying to, and the footers are not trimmed away so there is extra junk
>> to parse to find your reply. I don't mean to nitpick here, but I thought
>> I'd point it out to you so you can see how your replies appear to
>> others.
>>
>> Lou
>
> Ok, I see. Maybe you all should use a mail client like Thunderbird.

I use Thunderbird.  Your replies were formatted poorly.  Maybe *you* need
to learn to use your mail client.

I wasn't offering you any help, so I hadn't commented before.  As a mere
*user*, I often have little to offer.  You should realize that *developers*
like Carl are volunteers, and don't have any obligation to reply to you.  If
you annoy them with garbage after repeated requests, don't be surprised if
they start ignoring you.

Hope this helps you understand how you are coming across.

Phil