[FFmpeg-user] Human-readable size...

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:30:19 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 07:21, Bryce Utting <butting.mp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Messing about with that formatting at a deeper level (ie., within ffmpeg) is
> simply asking to break every other front-end application, which isn't a win
> for anyone.

Just like OSs eventually implemented human-readable file sizes
(ie ls -h in *x), I did NOT suggest breaking the current behaviour of
ffmpeg but rather suggested implementing an EXTRA parameter that, when
passed, causes the expected (improved) behaviour _without_ breaking
backwards compatibility.

Like
http://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/21845-human-readable-format-file-size-when-doing-ls-l.html
---
 -h, --human-readable
              print sizes in human readable format (e.g., 1K 234M 2G)
---

Please let me know if I´ve made my point clearer now...

Thanks,
FC