[FFmpeg-user] Human-readable size...

hvidal hvidal at tesseract-tech.com
Wed Jul 27 20:41:58 CEST 2011

On 07/27/2011 02:32 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 15:28, Dave Bevan<dave.bevan at bbc.co.uk>  wrote:
>> I believe your KISS statement probably now means any form of co-operation with you and development of your idea will most-likely be halted.
>
> "Keep it simple, stupid" is a common statement, it doesn´t mean to
> imply that the "stupid" is intended to anyone in particular.
>
> A subtler way to express it is "keep it simple, s...eriously".

All seasoned engineers I have dealt with, over
a period of over 30 years, commonly use the
expression KISS, and will address it 'to you'
without implying that one is stupid.

It's a philosophical observation on the nature of
engineering, hubris, and design......

Just like foobar.

So never take this expression personally, In fact,
if it has never been shared with you, welcome it
as a kind of welcome mat to the seasoned engineers'
world.

hv