[FFmpeg-user] subtitle update

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:13:29 CEST 2011

Hello,

I just wanted to see if there was any update to hard-coding subtitles (like .srt) into an encoding?  So let's say going from .mkv to .avi I would like to hard-code the subtitles in the .avi.  I tried to see if drawtext would do it and while I was able to get text to appear I didn't see any way to actually deal with an entire subtitle file.  I've seen some talking recently in the developer list about this that's why I thought I'd ask.  If there's something experimental I'd be glad to give it a try.  Thanks!

rc