[FFmpeg-user] What video formats to support?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:39:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 20:16, Jon Drukman <jsd at cluttered.com> wrote:
> I bought one of these.
> http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=320
>
> I suspect that it uses ffmpeg internally.  The list of formats it supports seems
> to tally very closely with that of ffmpeg.
>
> Anyway, I haven't yet found anything that it can't play.

Nice. The local price here is only about 12% more than the list price
on the website. That is good, we usually pay about three times as
much! However, the Ebay knockoff is $37 USD including shipping, that
is about one fourth the price of the WD unit even before shipping is
added!

FFmpeg is LGPL I think, so the WD website would have mentioned it. Of
course, the LGPL need only be mentioned on downlaod pages and the
product manual itself in the stricktest sense.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com