[FFmpeg-user] Always get very large files when I convert

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:10:37 CEST 2011

On 2011.06.04 09:26 PM, Lee Gold wrote:
> I do want the
> flv files to be every bit as good in quality as any source file I
> convert from.
If the video in the MP4 file is AVC, you can probably just remux. If
that doesn't work, then you likely cannot get transparency or even
near-transparency at the same bitrate since it probably means you need
to use a less efficient codec (H.263 or Xvid) or use less efficient
options (i.e. your video is restricted to certain options within AVC). I
don't know why you need a Flash video container or what restrictions (if
any) you have or what kind of video is in your source file, so I can't
be more specific.