[FFmpeg-user] Filters

raja naresh rajanaresh89 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:21:00 CEST 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am a fairly new user of ffmpeg tool and I am stuck at one of my projects.
I have a set of images and their associated timestamps and a video. I want
to overlay these images on the video or vice versa according to their
timestamps. For instance consider there are two images: Picture-1 and
Picture-2, their timestamps are 3 and 9. I want Picture-1 over the video at
3 seconds and stay until 9th second of the video play. Picture-2 should be
over the video after 9 seconds.

I want to know if this is possible with the libavfilter. I have gone through
the documentation vaguely and I think the Select option has something close
to what I am talking. I would be obliged if someone could give directions in
this regard. Thank you.

Regards
Raja Naresh