[FFmpeg-user] Invalid non monotonically increasing dts

richard richard at richsim900.plus.com
Wed Jun 15 21:42:18 CEST 2011

On Wed Jun 15 14:16:44 CEST 2011 bat guano wrote:

> I don't know how to CURE the 'non monotonically increasing dts'
> problem with your file.
> But I know how to help PREVENT it happening in future.
> Use '--rtmp-liveradio-opts --live' option.
> Information is in the thread here:-
>  http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-May/001504.html

Hi bat

I had used the '--rtmp-liveradio-opts --live' option, so it doesn't
always prevent the invalid dts error, but may help prevent it. I suspect
(but I'm not certain) the invalid dts error may be due to poor broadband
connection at the time of downloading.

I have poor broadband due to distance from the BT exchange, which is
worse at peak times in the evening. The live download that produced the
invalid dts error was made between 7.30-8.25pm. A later live download
between 8.45-10.00pm was OK.

When I downloaded the same radio concert using the 'listen again'
iplayer, it downloaded at 195kbps.