[FFmpeg-user] Exclude ALL Metadata?

Bob Zimmerman zimmerma at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 04:12:43 CEST 2011

I'm attempting to strip ALL TAGS (metadata) off of an MP3.  While I have found
other tools to do this, I naturally thought of FFMPEG first.  I was sure FFMPEG
could easily extract ONLY the AUDIO stream from an MP3 file and ignore
everything else (ex. tags).

The closest FFMPEG command I could come up with to attempt this was "ffmpeg -i
original.mp3 -acodec copy -map_metadata 0:-1 notags.mp3".  But with this
command, FFMPEG still writes an ID3v2.4 header with a "TSSE" tag set to
"Lavf53.2.0" to the "notags.mp3" file.  Are there any other FFMPEG options I
could specify to have it NOT create the ID3 header?