[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without reencoding

paulj at arrakis.es paulj at arrakis.es
Fri Jun 17 00:24:56 CEST 2011

Hi all:

	Is it possible to change the frame rate in, say, a H264 Quicktime video without having
to reencode it again? From what I know, the frame rate is just a piece of metadata in the
headers of the file, so it should be possible to do this (switch just that field in the header), and
in fact, some software like Apple's Cinema Tools can do it (for Quicktimes at least). But I
haven't been able to do that in ffmpeg, and reading through the docs, there doesn't seem to
be a way. Is it possible at all?

                                  Paulo.

"Oh, don't worry kids. Most of you will
never fall in love. You'll just marry