[FFmpeg-user] Issues with conversion

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jun 23 19:59:08 CEST 2011

Am 23.06.2011 19:44, schrieb magic-chef:

> Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 23.06.2011 18:43, schrieb magic-chef:
>> uff - which provider will do this if you are not having root-access?
>>
> The provider is local (I have worked with him for several years).  His
> concerns are security and updating.

if he will do this - wonderful

but building a lot of packages in newer versions as the distribution
may end in a lot of maintaining-work over the long time, how ever
i would never use simply configure && make && make install because
wihtout package managment this ends in the raod of hell

> Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 23.06.2011 18:43, schrieb magic-chef:
>>
>> i fear you can not pay the work anybody have to get this all and ffmpeg
>> in a recent version running on edbian
>>

> Are you saying the installation on Debian is so difficult that it would be
> cost prohibitive to accomplish?

debian is usually not the right platform for recent software because
the cahnces are hight that some of the needed packages are depending
on libraries which are outdated too and if this happens you end up
in a lot of work

but if he will try it, why not

i wonder if this is a shared hosting?
personally in thsi case i would never let a customer call
binaries on the machine, but thats not my problem here...

> Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 23.06.2011 18:43, schrieb magic-chef:
>>
>>> @Reindl:   your comments on the OS and FFMPEG support were spot on
>>
>> is this good or bad? :-)
>> english is not my native language!
>>

> It is good.  "Spot on" is a slang term for "correct".

ok, thanks

the fedora community doe shate me these days so nice to know
that there are some peopole how do not :-)