[FFmpeg-user] How to avoid blurred text when using drawtext filter?

pgoldweic pgoldweic at northwestern.edu
Mon Jun 27 19:04:33 CEST 2011

Hi, thanks for responding. You're right that I did not use the same font on
the windows box, I tried a couple of different ones (including arial.ttf).
On Linux, I also tried a few other fonts -other than the Verase.ttf- (using
the same encoder) I found on the box, with similar results. I then tried
using the 'wmv2' vcodec instead, and got a somewhat better result, although
the text appears now (unintentionally) shaded, although not blurred.
I have not tried recompiling ffmpeg, since this is a quite recent version I
compiled a couple of weeks ago. Should I be recompiling?

Here's one image showing the problem on Linux, with libx264, and font
'LucidaSansRegular.ttf':

http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/file/n3628251/problem-image-libx264-lucida.jpg

And here's another image produced with the 'wmv2' encoder instead. Note that
the color got darker, and I wonder if that's the reason why it is not
displaying the 'shade' I described above.

http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/file/n3628251/problem-image-wmv2-lucida.jpg

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.