[FFmpeg-user] Which settings to convert videos with a lot of static content?

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 11:40:00 CET 2011

Hi,

I would like to convert many videos from flv and wmv to mp4. They
content a lot of static images, i.e. there is no motion on screen for
seconds at a time. Even when there is motion, it is only a part of the
image that moves. The audio is spoken word. Are there any settings that
are suited for this sort of video good to use? Obviously I would like a
good reproduction and a small file size.

Thanks,
John.