[FFmpeg-user] Audio and video desynchronized in clips.

R. Clayton rvclayton at verizon.net
Sun Mar 27 23:19:15 CEST 2011

Pretty much your only option is to decode and recode the stream, which
shouldn't be a big problem if you are using H.264, because libx264 is the best
H.264 encoder available.

  For the mp4 containers I'm dealing with, I've changed the ffmpeg command to

    ffmpeg -i failure.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -acodec libfaac -vpre medium \
      -ss 00:50:00 -t 00:10:00 -y clip05.mp4

  The command is noisy, particularly those

    [buffer @ 0x81f5cd0] Buffering several frames is not supported. Please
    consume all available frames before adding a new one.
    Last message repeated 74998 times

  messages, but the file's chopped into properly sized and synchronized clips.
  Thanks for your answer.