[FFmpeg-user] Drawtext filter

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 12:00:33 CEST 2011

Hi Stefano,

On 03/27/2011 09:23 AM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Saturday 2011-03-26 22:35:20 +0000, Sebastian Arcus encoded:
>> Thanks Stefano. Any idea if the problem with the background colour
>> option not having any effect has been solved? I tried it a while ago
>> (about October-November 2010) - and the option to set a background
>> colour for the text was not working at the time.
>
> Try it and report in case of problem.

As per your suggestion, I've filed an enhancement suggestion with the
ffmpeg bug trac regarding libfreetype, drawtext filter and the configure
script.

Back to the drawtext filter, the manual states that the full path should
be used for the fontfile parameter - but the example uses only the file
name. I actually spent some time figuring things out, as I was trying to
follow the example and things weren't working. It would probably be
helpful if the example was amended in line with the instructions above
in the manual.

Thank you,

Sebastian