[FFmpeg-user] H.264 single access unit decoding

Alexandre Ferrieux alexandre.ferrieux at orange-ftgroup.com
Wed Mar 30 14:31:22 CEST 2011

On 30/03/2011 11:30, Robert Sitan wrote:

>  > Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:05:00 +0200
>  > From: alexandre.ferrieux at orange-ftgroup.com
>  > To: lmodern at hotmail.com
>  > CC: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
>  > Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] H.264 single access unit decoding
>  >
>  > To proceed, please provide a consistent set of samples: a short and a
> long one, the short being a prefix of the long,
>  > and the short being verified to decode correctly in JM.
>
> Ok, here are all the video materials needed for tracking this issue:
> - The single picture stream: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YA3MRLNK
> - The decoded output of the single picture stream (JM decoder):
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VPLOZTDB
> - The 3-picture stream including the single picture stream:
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VYLEC9PD

Ah ! Your yuv file is only a single field of an interlaced image. For proof (in addition to looking at it), just note
its size: it is 3110400 bytes, while 1920*1080*3 = 6220800.

So, I'd say ffmpeg is right to refrain from outputting a full frame from a single field, and JM is more "optimistic".

-Alex