[FFmpeg-user] jpeg2000 mxf

Dave Rice dave at avpreserve.com
Tue May 3 22:25:01 CEST 2011

On May 3, 2011, at 3:28 PM, Leo Izen wrote:
> On May 3, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Jim Shupert wrote:
>>
>> Q: Can ffmpeg play and or transcode to and or from an mxf with jpeg2000
>> video & pcm audio?
>>

> There's FFmpeg does have an mxf demuxer and a pcm decoder. But if you want a
> jpeg2000 decoder, you need to compile with --enable-libopenjpeg, which can
> be obtained from this command:
>
> svn checkout http://openjpeg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ openjpeg/
>
> and built like any other standard open source library (i.e. configure and
> make).

There is a ticket here related to using libopenjpeg with jpeg2000 in MXF: https://roundup.libav.org/issue2309. Decode of jpeg2000 with MXF using libopenjpeg gives an error that only the first component is used. SMPTE 422M defines how the jpeg2000 color data is stored in MXF and I don't think the MXF demuxer incorporates this. If it helps gstreamer can demux the jpeg2000 via mxfjpeg2000.c.
Dave Rice
avpreserve.com