[FFmpeg-user] Trimming an FLV file

Maarten Weber maarten at webersg.nl
Fri May 6 16:30:19 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm new to this mailinglist and I've got an issue on my hands concerning the trim function of FFmpeg. I must note that I'm using the FFmpeg version which is built in with Xuggler.

The main problem is that I can use the -ss parameter to crop an FLV file from the beginning, but using the -t parameter gives no result. I get the same FLV size.

As I'm writing this I'm wondering if the -acodec copy and vcodec copy can have something to do with the -t not taking any effect. Though this shouldn't prevent the -t from working does?

So, I'm using ffmpeg as follows:

ffmpeg -i test.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy -t 2 test_trimmed.flv

Does anyone have an idea as to why the -t isn't working? Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Maarten