[FFmpeg-user] understanding copy flag

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Mon May 16 06:20:15 CEST 2011

Hello,

I was making a few tests using the following syntax:

ffmpeg -i original.avi -acodec copy -vcodec copy output.avi

To my surprise the results were not very good (mainly just the audio side I believe).  Am I wrong in thinking this should work as a passthrough?  I tried the same with .mp4 and .mpg and the results were what I expected.  I didn't notice anything significant from the output log so I didn't post anything.  Any advice would be great.  Thanks!

rc