[FFmpeg-user] Convert some hundreds files to a H264

betonpfeiler betonpfeiler at googlemail.com
Tue May 17 10:42:51 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 17.05.2011 09:20, schrieb marcos rebelo:
> Hi all
>

> I was giving some hundreds of files (more will come) with different
> formats (div, avi, mov, ...) and different sizes to be converted to
> H264 with:
>     a maximum width 720,
>     -b         500k
>     -bt        500k
>     -acodec  libfaac
>

> Is there any simple configuration, configurable script or something
> like that, that is able of processing this different files without the
> human interaction. I'm a Perl developer, I may program something if is
> simple.
>
> CPU and time isn't a problem, so there is no problem if I need (I
> would prefer) to pass 2 times.
>

> Thanks for any help
>
> Best Regards
> Marcos Rebelo

you could use a simple batchscript to create a watchfolder.
For linux you might use something like this:

for f in *.avi; do ffmpeg -i "$f"/[insert your commands here]/"${f%.avi}.mp4"; done

[You should be able to use *.* to execute all files in the folder, but
in this case remeber to save the output to another folder... :)]

Save this text to a scriptfile (with a simple texteditor)

name.sh

and make it executable

sudo chmod +x name.sh

Then just start the script in the terminal.

On a Windows-Setup you'll have to use a batch-script.

I hope this helps.