[FFmpeg-user] converting a previous cuted file, Invalid pixel format string '-1'

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Wed May 18 11:13:00 CEST 2011

On date Tuesday 2011-05-17 20:23:26 +0200, Enrico Kern encoded:
>   Hi all,
>
> maybe someone can help me with this issue. I use the latest ffmpeg
> from trunk from today but i guess older ones are affected too.
>
> - I have a FLV file which contains H264 video and mp3 audio, the
> file is recorded by WowzaMediaServer
> - I cut this file with ffmpeg in multiple parts with ffmpeg -i
> $input -ss $time -t $time $output.flv
>
> That works fine, the file also plays in flash and players. Now
> however i want to transcode this cuted file to another format,
> that doesnt work. ffmpeg returns with this:
>
> ffmpeg -i cuterror.flv -y test.webm
> FFmpeg version SVN-r26402, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
>   built on May 17 2011 07:24:46 with gcc 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)
>   configuration: --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrnb
> --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvpx --enable-libfaac
> --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
> --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --disable-ffplay --enable-shared
> --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-nonfree --enable-avfilter
> --enable-pthreads --extra-cflags=-fPIC
>   libavutil     50.36. 0 / 50.36. 0
>   libavcore      0.16. 1 /  0.16. 1
>   libavcodec    52.108. 0 / 52.108. 0
>   libavformat   52.93. 0 / 52.93. 0
>   libavdevice   52. 2. 3 / 52. 2. 3
>   libavfilter    1.74. 0 /  1.74. 0
>   libswscale     0.12. 0 /  0.12. 0
>   libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
> [flv @ 0x1e698510] max_analyze_duration reached
> [flv @ 0x1e698510] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
> Input #0, flv, from 'cuterror.flv':
>   Metadata:
>     duration        : 573
>     width           : 1152
>     height          : 720
>     videodatarate   : 200
>     framerate       : 1000
>     videocodecid    : 7
>     audiodatarate   : 100
>     audiosamplerate : 44100
>     audiosamplesize : 16
>     stereo          : false
>     audiocodecid    : 2
>     encoder         : Lavf52.84.0
>     filesize        : 37793482
>   Duration: 00:09:32.92, start: 0.002000, bitrate: 307 kb/s
>     Stream #0.0: Video: h264, 204 kb/s, 1k tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc
>     Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 102 kb/s
> [buffer @ 0x1e6abc30] Invalid pixel format string '-1'
> Error opening filters!
>

> I can of course write the file to this format when i cut them, but
> thats not possible in our production environment, as we need
> the flash files for our website players. I need the ability to
> convert them later to webm for html5 integration. But it doesnt
> matter
> if i use webm or any other codec/container, the error stays the same
> even if i just want todo a copy of the streams.
>
> Anyone got a idea of whats wrong here? A cutted demonstration file
> can be downloaded here:

The problem is that the input file is missing the pixel format
information, the decoder doesn't guess it and ffmpeg fails because of
that.

File a bug report, and we'll try to fix it.

--
ffmpeg-user random tip #6
Please follow netiquette rules while posting to ffmpeg-user: