[FFmpeg-user] libavfilter movie overlay

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Fri May 20 12:17:34 CEST 2011

On date Friday 2011-05-20 10:26:20 +0200, Anders Gunnarsson encoded:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to overlay a movie with another movie using the -vf movie
> and overlay filter.
>
> I'm trying the examples at
> http://www.ffmpeg.org/libavfilter.html#SEC51
>
> But getting the error
> [movie @ 0x2ed6190] init() expected 3 arguments:'full.mp4'
> Error initializing filter 'movie' with args 'full.mp4'
>
> I've tried adding all [:options] to the movie command, but I'm
> getting the same error.
> This is using the libavfilter-SoC version. I've tried with the
> original ffmpeg too, were it also fails, only with no error
> messages.
>
> Have anybody gotten this to work?

movie source is now integrated in the main repository, and its syntax
is different from that of the soc-repo movie.

You're recommended to use the main repository version, the soc-repo is
no more maintained/updated (which reminds me that we should drop the
link).