[FFmpeg-user] dynamically sync video and audio - is it possible?

Feurstein, Michael Michael.Feurstein at wu.ac.at
Fri May 27 11:28:16 CEST 2011

Example ffmpeg command using vsync and mapping option would be:

# syncing video (0.0) to audio (1.0)
ffmpeg -i udp://@224.0.0.1:1234 -vcodec copy -i http://192.168.1.12:8000 -acodec copy -re -threads 2 -vsync 2 -map 0.0:1.0 -map 1.0 -f mpegts udp://224.0.0.2:1236

# syncing audio (1.0) to video (0.0)
ffmpeg -i udp://@224.0.0.1:1234 -vcodec copy -i http://192.168.1.12:8000 -acodec copy -re -threads 2 -vsync 2 -map 0.0 -map 1.0:0.0 -f mpegts udp://224.0.0.2:1236

Both commands run - BUT - don't sync correctly.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

thx//mike