[FFmpeg-user] recent change to libavfilter hinders the movie filter to work on Windows

PixelPartner thomas at pixelpartner.de
Tue Nov 1 10:45:57 CET 2011

Working with the following version under Windows 7 64

ffmpeg N-34031-ge403a97
libavutil    51. 22. 0 / 51. 22. 0
libavcodec   53. 23. 0 / 53. 23. 0
libavformat  53. 17. 0 / 53. 17. 0
libavdevice  53.  4. 0 / 53.  4. 0
libavfilter   2. 45. 0 /  2. 45. 0
libswscale    2.  1. 0 /  2.  1. 0
libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0

There was recently a change that cripples the libavfilter movie= to accept Windows-Style file names.
All of the following causes failure:
movie=C:\folder\file.ext
movie=C:\\folder\\file.ext
movie='C:\folder\file.ext'
movie=C:/folder/file.ext

If I remove C: it works, but I assume it works only with files on the "current" drive.

It seems to me that someone added paramter parsing \\ -> \ and : for values also to the movie filter option list.
Does this make any sense ?

Thomas Kumlehn
PIXEL PARTNER®
+49 177 6 990 990
Member of the networksFacebook,Twitter,LinkedIn,XINGandcrew-united.
sent from myiPad 3-D