[FFmpeg-user] Quickest Route From Final Cut Pro

Asai asai at globalchangemusic.org
Tue Nov 1 17:59:12 CET 2011

Greetings,

I've been working with a studio which uses Final Cut exclusively, but
unfortunately it seems that the quickest export from Final Cut (that we
know of) is straight to Apple Intermediate Codec.  If they export to
ProRes it takes 2 - 3 times the length of the video before we can get it
into FFMPEG.  Is there any way to force FFMPEG to accept icod by
ignoring the container format?  If not, is there a faster way to get
from Final Cut to FFMPEG without having to go through an intermediate step?

--
--asai