[FFmpeg-user] AC-3 encoding questions

Thomas Worth dev at rarevision.com
Tue Nov 1 20:33:16 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Thomas Worth <dev <at> rarevision.com> writes:
>
>> > I suspect it is working fine if you do not specify -channel_layout
>> > (that should come before the input file imo), or which layout would you like
>> > for six cahnnel audio?
>>
>> Here is the layout I would like:
>
> Please try:
> ffmpeg -i Reel_02_0999.wav -ab 320k -y Reel_02_TEST.ac3
>
> That should work as expected. If not, please provide complete, uncut output and
> explain what went wrong.

The channel mapping seems to work.

The only issue I have now is that both Apple DVD Studio Pro and Adobe
Encore are reporting that AC-3 files encoded with FFmpeg are slightly
longer (about 1 frame at 23.976 fps) than files encoded with those
programs. Any idea why this would be? This causes sync problems with
long audio files.