[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg marker error mpeg4videocodec.c

David Walker dwalker0044 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:20:00 CET 2011

Hi everyone, hope I'm posting to the correct place (should this be posted
to devel?).

When playing mpeg4 video I receive the message: marker does not match
f_code. I have traced this back to line 361 in mpeg4videocodec.c. There are
two things I would like to understand: the first is what this piece of code
is doing? I.e. what does it expect / trying to find. Is it related to the
video packet header?  The second is what is the GetBitContext struct?  I
see it used to determine len but what is its significance in the grander
scheme of things.

I'd be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this!

Thanks,