[FFmpeg-user] trouble with -vcodec copy

Arlo Leach lists at arlomedia.com
Thu Nov 10 18:52:36 CET 2011

Hello,

> I can reproduce the problem with -vcodec copy -acodec copy -ss 1 you reported.
> I cannot reproduce the problem with band_formatted.mp4

Hmm ... I just ran this command:

ffmpeg -i band_formatted.mp4 -f mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -ss 30 -t 30 -y band_formatted_sample_again.mp4

And got this result:

http://www.arlomedia.com/projects/ffmpeg/band_formatted_sample_again.mp4

In QuickTime Player, I see no video for the first three seconds.

This is with ffmpeg version N-34622-g701e534, downloaded yesterday.

> Is there a sample "before" this one?

Do you mean the source clip that I had originally encoded with Handbrake? That would be a .mov file exported from Final Cut Express. I can dig that up if you'd like to see it.

Thanks,
-Arlo

Arlo Leach
http://arlomedia.com