[FFmpeg-user] Audio Stream Mapping issue

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:19:31 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 02:05:35AM -0800, hughht5 wrote:
> I would use the -map_channel option, however the documentation says it is
> limited at the moment:
>
> (From http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html)
> Note that "-map_channel" is currently limited to the scope of one input for
> each output; you can’t for example use it to pick multiple input audio files
> and mix them into one single output.

AFAIU, Tim only has one file so it doesn't apply here.

Tim, I'm not sure to understand what you really want from your 4 stereo
audio streams. I can't tell if you want to pick only some (then -map) or
actually merge the channels of each streams into one single audio stream
(then what you need is indeed the -map_channel feature).

> I hope this is being implemented.

The multiple files limitation could be bypassed with an audio merge
filter; a WIP was sent on the mailing list by Nicolas. We lack man-power,
and patches are always welcome when it is a feature request :)

Regards,

--
Clément B.