[FFmpeg-user] Audio Stream Mapping issue

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Nov 15 22:34:22 CET 2011

Tim Nicholson <tim.nicholson <at> bbc.co.uk> writes:

> You miss the documentation that states that the default mapping is:-
> "For video, this means the highest resolution, for audio the highest
> channel count" which says to me that one video of the highest resolution
> is mapped and all audio (The highest count).

The default is (and always was) to map one audio stream to the destination file,
iirc there is a heuristic to choose the right stream which often works fine but
sometimes chooses the wrong stream, see "audio streams" a few days ago.

(If you believe the documentation is wrong - I did not check - please send a
patch to -devel.)

Carl Eugen