[FFmpeg-user] mov [ProRes/pcm_s24le] -> mp4 same quality

HallMarc Websites marc at hallmarcwebsites.com
Thu Nov 17 00:58:41 CET 2011

> HallMarc Websites <marc <at> hallmarcwebsites.com> writes:
>
> > ffmpeg -y -i INPUT.mov -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 1883k -r 23.976 -acodec
> > pcm_s24le -ar 44100 -ab 2304 -ac 2 OUTPUT.mp4 ffmpeg -y -i INPUT.mov
> > -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 1883k -r 23.976 -acodec pcm_s24le
> > 2 OUTPUT.mp4
>
> mp4 does not support pcm audio (mov does).

Um I beg to differ. I have an mp4 container with pcm-s24be and it plays
beautifully. However, it was done with a piece of software for Windows.
While it uses ffmpeg and almost all of the codecs; I have no way of seeing
what and how it is going about this.

So, I know it can be done. The question is how.

Stop asking me for the file. I cannot give it to you. It is a commercial and
is copyright protected. Not a fan of getting sued. It is the only one I have
where ProRes was used in the post.

Look, in all honesty, I have asked for help on this list a number of times.
Not once have I been given a working solution. The documentation for ffmpeg
is sparse at best.

Can any of you point me in the direction of good books to learn ffmpeg?

Marc Hall
HallMarc Websites
www.HallMarcWebsites.com
610-446-3346