[FFmpeg-user] to crop the bottom

orang Aumori Jepun mahu_berehat at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Nov 18 09:06:10 CET 2011

> I wish to crop off the bottom 40 lines of a 720x480 video  and have the output 720x480
> ffmpeg -i 1.mp4 -vf crop=720:480:0:40 -vcodec copy -acodec copy 2.mp

Hi.
Sorry if I misunderstand you , but here's what I got from this list
about using -vf crop.

<quote>
 As I understand,
-vf crop=out_w:out_h:x:y

out_w is the width in pixels of the final output you want
out_h is the height in pixels of the final output you want

    and these are based on the ORIGINAL frame:
x is the pixel position, counting from the left side of the original frame,
    of the left side of the frame you want to keep
y is the pixel position, counting from the top of the original frame,
    of the top side of the frame you want to keep

So, for example,
-vf crop=640:480:60:40 will find the point that is 60 pixels from the
left side of the original and 40 pixels from the top of the original,
and then save a frame that is 640x480 from there, with that point as
the upper left corner.

If x and y are not given, it defaults to centering the final frame
in the original frame.
</quote> ( from Jim Worrall)

Hope this helps.