[FFmpeg-user] mov [ProRes/pcm_s24le] -> mp4 same quality

HallMarc Websites marc at hallmarcwebsites.com
Sat Nov 19 14:15:36 CET 2011

> > What can you say about the faac from here:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/faac/
>
> I believe it was repeatedly said in this thread that while it is much
better than
> FFmpeg's native AAC encoder, it "is not up to par with the currently
*best*
> AAC encoders available". (It is simply old, iirc, the author has written
one or
> more of the "best AAC encoders" after writing faac.) Additionally, it has
the
> explained license problems if you want to distribute FFmpeg-based
binaries.

> Carl Eugen

And I have said repeatedly that IN MY CASE you are quite simply wrong! I
used that libfaac and I pushed the settings as high as they can go and got
an audio stream that sounded like my speakers were covered by a wet blanket.
When I use the AAC that comes with the current ffmpeg from GIT then the
audio is clear and crisp as it should be.
[>]
So, again, in my case I get the exact opposite result you repeatedly insist
I should be getting.