[FFmpeg-user] adding audio to hundreds of images

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sun Nov 20 20:45:54 CET 2011

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 13:30:10 -0600
SPAM <spam at crcw.mb.ca> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Iam trying to add audio to a movie created with between 500 -1000
> jpegs. The audio iam trying to add will be 1 of 30 mp3s.
> I would also like to keep to quality of the images in the movie.
>
> Can anyone help?
> thx.
> -Ian

Basic example:
ffmpeg -i video -i audio -c copy -shortest output

or if you're using older FFmpeg:
ffmpeg -i video -i audio -vcodec copy -acodec copy -shortest output

These commands will copy your video and audio inputs instead of
re-encoding them. You may have to re-encode if your desired output
format does not support your input streams.