[FFmpeg-user] frame grabbing from MP4 file takes too long (says: muxing overhead -inf%)

zeo zeoxyvid at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 01:08:13 CET 2011

Actually for the above sample, Carl is right,  I was trying a frame beyond
the end file. However, I got the same result for 00:01:04 for example. Also
I've tried with longer videos for different time values.

It seems like Lou-2's suggestion solved my problem, I've moved -ss option to
the beginning.
"ffmpeg -ss 00:01:04 -i input.mp4 -vframes 1 -y out.jpg"

Thank you very much...