[FFmpeg-user] New version - date in name

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 21:19:28 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:51:33 -0000, Sw at g <sweetthdevil at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using ffmepg on arch - the update from today return an error
> because of me using date in the name of the file recorded (see below for
> the command)

>  the error return no file or directory of cam_`date +%#F_%T`.mkv (being
> the current date/time)

If that is the error that you got, rather than an approximation of it,
then whatever you used to run the ffmpeg command didn't interpret the
backticks as meaning "execute this command".  I suspect you have shell
escaping issues.  Showing us the exact, uncut error message would help.

--
Rhodri James
Kynesim Ltd