[FFmpeg-user] Enabling 'rtsp' demuxer in FFMPEG 0.8.5

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 25 15:34:36 CET 2011

Ashish Mathur <mail2ashi.86 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So this means that commenting REGISTER_MUXDEMUX(ASF,asf) in
> allformats.c is enough to disable asf demuxer in ffmpeg?

I suspect that only stops the demuxer from being registered (and used), but the
asf demuxer will still be compiled if that is your question.

> There is no need of using --disable-demux=asf??

If you do not want to compile the asf demuxer (and all components that depend on
the asf demuxer like the rtsp demuxer) you have to pass
--disable-demuxer=asf to configure.

Carl Eugen