[FFmpeg-user] non-redistributable non-free

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:39:56 CET 2011

> Haralds answer confirmed what I originally thought.

But is in no way binding on anyone other than Harald.

This is the GPL, sadly. Nobody can give you a straight answer, and if they
could, the straight answer wouldn't make much objective sense.

I suspect that you will probably get away with what you are proposing to
do, as most people would usually get away with doing more or less anything
with GPL code as long as you don't shout about it. I have long worked on
the basis that the GPL, like most sorts of duplication control law, is
only tolerated because it is very rarely enforced.