[FFmpeg-user] restore video written with opencv

Ingo Flaschberger if at xip.at
Sun Oct 9 22:16:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

opencv changed some time ago how rawvideos are written, see:
https://code.ros.org/trac/opencv/ticket/1400#comment:2
https://code.ros.org/trac/opencv/ticket/782

my problem is:
rawvideo is written with pixfmt bgr24:
Stream #0.0: Video: rawvideo, bgr24, 456x400, q=2-31, 11673 kb/s, 90k tbn, 4 tbc

ffmpeg (and also all video-players) recognize the video as avi with codec
420p / IYUV - and plays a broken video.

I can force ffmpeg to use bgp24 as pixfmt when transcoding the video to
420p - resulting in a viewable video but the image runs now from left to
right and top to bottom.

Any ideas how I can restore the original video?

I can provide a test-video if needed.

Kind regards,
 	Ingo Flaschberger