[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg windows build

Tim Nicholson tim.nicholson at bbc.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 11:26:06 CEST 2011

On 05/10/11 22:24, Roger Pack wrote:
>> I have downloaded FFmpeg libraries from ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ site.  These are the windows dlls from "32-bit Builds (Dev)" section.  However, I noticed that these libraries were built with   - -enable-libx264 compiler's flag which is a problem in my case.  What would be the easiest way to get these libraries compiled without libx264?  I know that there is an option to rebuild the code myself, however it looks like I would have to setup Cygwin, mingw-w64 and the rest of 3-rd party software and build rebuild them all.  It looks like it may take much effort and time that I don't really have.  Is there any simpler way to get these dlls?  Thanks!
>
> Asking on the zeranoe forum might help :)
> In general, you can build your own by running the scripts from his blog:
> http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/blog/
>
> then compile without those options:
> http://betterlogic.com/roger/2011/09/ffmpeg-compileconfigure-windows/

All this helps a lot, thanks to Zerano and Roger, and I have managed to
get a basic build off ffmpeg working on windows.

Now I am at the point where I need to build the external libraries and
then link them into ffmpeg as a static build, and this is where my
understanding runs out.

According to ./configure -help if I set --prefix=PREFIX then ffmpeg will
be installed there.

However how do I tell it where to find the individual libraries I have
pre built?

What I really want to do is build everything in a separate dir from the
usual system structure so it doesn't get tainted with all the different
versions. I presumably do this by setting prefix on all my library
builds, but then I need to tell the ffmpeg compiler where to find them.

Can anybody point me to any helpers on this subject. I have searched
through the Zerano forums but failed (the section labelled "Compiling
FFmpeg Examples/Samples" is somewhat empty)

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/