[FFmpeg-user] Converting mpg file to ARGB frames

Drabner drabner at zoobe.com
Wed Oct 12 15:26:10 CEST 2011

I think I've tried with most available video formats now and all yield
similar weird results.
My guess is that there is something wrong with the sws_scale function, since
it always crashes at some frame in the memcpy-function.
Somehow, it seems as if the sws_scale does not fill the target data with a
whole 640x360 ARGB picture, and instead with random data that may or may not
be 4x640*360 bytes long.

But why? ffmpeg does not show any errors while decoding the frames.

Only a guess, however. I'm still pretty clueless.