[FFmpeg-user] MTS videos have A/V async

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 21:39:46 CEST 2011

Hi list,

it all started with a seeminly harmless update of my wife's Ubuntu to
Oneiric. Then all hell broke loose. The videos she renders using
kdenlive (which uses melt which uses ffmpeg, if I understand correctly)
started to show A/V asynchonicity: When playing them back or rendering
them, audio lags behind badly (about 3 seconds or so).

On my system (Gentoo) I then tried it ans also could reproduce the lag
by playing back a video just by using the "melt" command.

So I'll be honest here: I have no clue wheter ffmpeg or melt are at
fault here. I tend towards ffmpeg, which is why I posted here. But I
would gladly like to get instructions on how to confirm/refute my suspicion.

I have also uploded an original movie file that is well suited (since
audio/video sync can nicely be seen on that sample)
https://spornkuller.de/00022.mts Beware, it's 22 MB large.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Best regards,
Joe