[FFmpeg-user] Woah, can I not change frame rate with 1:1 mapping?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Oct 22 11:43:47 CEST 2011

Le decadi 30 vendémiaire, an CCXX, Thomas Worth a écrit :
> That works, but why not allow the use the -r option ahead of -i like
> with image sequences? That seems more intuitive. Otherwise, I have do
> do some math to figure out what the PTS values should be.

Frame rate is not something that really makes sense. Some formats do not
have such thing as frame rate, they only have timestamps for the packets.
Sure, some formats could take the -r option into account and currently do
not, but I do not think it would be a good thing.

Just think to the -r option that way: the input format does not specify
timestamps nor frame rate, I must specify it myself, or I will use the
arbitrary default built in the library.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George