[FFmpeg-user] Convert to 24p

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sat Oct 29 18:06:16 CEST 2011

> Afaik, MEncoder's pullup filter handles cadence breaks fine.
> The filter is available in FFmpeg's sources, but some work is necessary
> to make it working, help is welcome!

I would love to.

The problem here is that while the work involved in building a 3:2
pulldown filter may be something we could do, the work involved in
learning the entire ffmpeg API is probably not. If there was an MSDN style
documentation effort for it I might think about it, but as it is, the code
is more or less undocumented and run by a development team that I'd call
"prickly" if I was trying very hard to be nice about it.

So it's difficult.